How to add controllers and modules to a BACnet network
Adding controllers and modules to a BACnet network
In this tutorial, we will walk through the steps for adding controllers and modules to a BACnet network in a site.
Step 1: Open the Edit Controllers dialog
To add controllers to a network, we first need to open the Edit Controllers dialog window. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Right-click on your site in the Site List.
2. Select "Edit Controllers" from the menu.
The Edit Controllers dialog window should now be open.
Step 2: Add a CB controller
To add a CB controller to a network, follow these steps:
1. In the Network pane (the left pane), select the network you want to add the CB controller to.
2. In the Controllers pane (the right pane), click the "Add" button.
3. In the New Controller dialog box, select the controller type from the drop-down list (e.g. CBT-4T4-2U1R).
4. Give the controller a user-friendly name (e.g. HP-1001).
5. Enter the unique Device Instance number for the controller in the appropriate field.
Step 3: Add an FLX module to a CBXi controller
To add an FLX module to a CBXi controller, follow these steps:
1. In the Edit Controllers dialog window, select your Site Name in the Network pane.
2. In the Controllers pane, select the CBXi controller and click "Edit".
3. In the window that appears, click "Add" under the I/O Modules section.
4. Select the type of FLX module you want to add (e.g. FLX-8R8-H).
5. Make sure to set the dipswitch setting for the FLX device as indicated in the window.
6. Click "OK".
You should now have a CB controller and an FLX module added to your BACnet network.
Attached files: CXProHD - Lab 1-3.gifTags: BACnet, controllers, modules, networking