What is the difference between centralized and decentralized installation?
The free@home system offers both DIN rail-mounting actuators for centralized installation in the switch cabinet as well as sensor/actuator devices for decentralized flush-mounted installation. Both types of installation can be mixed within the system as desired.
Advantages of the centralized installation:
- Reduced cost for each channel due to actuators with multiple channels.
- All actuators centrally placed in the switch cabinet for easy access and alteration.
- Easy installation since most sensors only need to be connected with the bus cable.
Advantages of the decentralized installation:
- Sensor and actuator are located in a single device to save space in the switch cabinet
- Easy commissioning since the basic function of the unit is pre-configured
- Usual manner of wiring of the mains power cable.
Tags: free@home, KNX